Ten reasons why Avoriaz is the family resort to beat!
This week we were delighted to learn that the home of Pierre & Vacances’ first residence back in 1978 has been nominated as Best Family Resort! The nomination from 2012 World Snow Awards – from Ski and Snowboard Magazine – will be judged a panel of industry experts with winners announced on Friday November 2, 2012 during the annual Ski and Snowboard Show in Earls Court, London. The event will mark the 25th anniversary of the Ski & Snowboard magazine.
Here are our top 10 reasons why Avoriaz should win!
- It is 100 per cent snow-sure:
- Unsurpassed facilities for children: Learn to ski and child care facilities within the village are unsurpassed.
- Innovative & exhilarating ski area: The resort ski area is both engaging and innovative with dedicated ‘learning areas’ plus the Avoriaz Snozone encompassing five snowparks and Snowcross areas
- Completely car-free sustainable resort:
- Great transport links:
- Affordable and flexible lift pass options
- Accommodation suited to varying budgets and party sizes
- All-season entertainment programme: A lively calendar of in-resort events takes place in Avoriaz throughout each season.
- A host of ‘alternative’ snow-related activities: Opportunities for non skiers or for those who simply want to try something new in the mountains abound in Avoriaz.
- The brand new Aquariaz: The first ever ski resort water park! Designed by the team at Center Parcs, this is a state-of-the-art aquatic paradise with enough to keep all ages happy. Note this French water park is swim-shorts friendly – but if you want to ‘go French’ and wear Speedos, that’s OK too!
Labels: Pierre et Vacances