There are definitely no Masterchef level skills required to make this and you can prepare it in half an hour so it’s a great option to celebrate Vegan Month. You can add any vegetables you like, but we have added some autumnal options to keep it seasonal, so there are chestnut mushrooms and butternut squash added to the mix. Ready prepared vegetables are great for this if you are in a hurry…or hate to peel and chop!
The method is so simple, first, you make the sauce in a blender, like a spicy Thai smoothie. Then stir fry your favourite vegetables until they are cooked just the way you like them, then add these to the just-simmered sauce to keep everything fresh and vibrant. Add noodles to make it a filling meal for two and roasted cashews for extra crunch and flavour.
(If you don’t want to miss out on meat you could add chicken breast and a splash of fish sauce)
1 400ml can of full-fat coconut milk
1 small bunch of coriander
1 small bunch of basil
6 mint leaves
The juice of 1/2 a lime
1 Tbsp maple syrup
2-3 tsp green curry paste (Blue Dragon or Thai Taste are vegan options)
1 tsp salt
1/2 a red Thai chilli or a pinch of chilli flakes
2 tsp soy sauce
Vegetable Options (add any of your favourite vegetables)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 butternut squash – peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
1 courgette – sliced
6 baby corn cobs – sliced
1/2 orange pepper – cut into 1cm pieces
A handful of chestnut button mushrooms – halved
A handful of sugar snap peas
Salt and pepper
Optional 2-3 sliced shallots or spring onions
Cashew or peanuts – roasted in the oven for a few minutes until dark golden
Extra herbs and lime to garnish.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend well, for a minute or two until you have a smooth, glorious green liquid
- Stir fry the vegetables in the oil, starting with those that need the longest cooking. For our curry we cooked the butternut squash well for a few minutes to make sure it was slightly caramelised and soft, then we added the courgettes and cooked a few minutes more, followed by the rest of the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare some noodles by boiling in water for 3-4 minutes.
- Toast some cashews or peanuts in the oven (170ºC) for a few minutes until brown.
- Heat the sauce in a small pan until simmering and check for seasoning.
- Pour the sauce into bowls, add the drained noodles, stir-fried vegetables and top with the nuts, fresh lime wedges, and extra herb leaves.
from Village Life https://ift.tt/2K45I1w
Source Village Life