This is definitely one you can make with the kids, and they will love any leftover Krispie cakes for snacks or lunches. Serve it with plenty of fresh fruit like strawberries and apple slices to help cancel out some of those delicious caramel calories.
- If you have any left over, chill it in the fridge then whisk with a food mixer to make a whipped ganache to pipe or spread onto cakes. Delicious!
- Don’t like caramel? Miss it out and just make this as a chocolate dip.
- The Krispie cakes are so easy and delicious, they make great lunch box snacks.
- Not got a cookie cutter? Just cut your Krispie cakes into squares.
For the ‘Fondue’ Dip
- 200g Chocolate Chips or Chunks – a mix of plain and milk
- 150ml of Canned (Carnation) Caramel (find it with the condensed milk in the shops)
- 150ml Double Cream
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- Extra caramel for swirling
For the Marshmallow Hearts
- 170g Pink Marshmallows (use the white ones for dipping)
- 25g Butter
- 100g Rice Krispies
- Optional – dash of red food colouring
Fruit, cake chunks, pretzels, marshmallows, marshmallow hearts!
- To make the dip, gently heat the chocolate, cream and caramel until just melted.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and stir well until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or rewarm in the microwave on medium in 10-20 second bursts.
- Swirl in a bit of extra caramel and a sprinkle of salt crystals before serving.
Making the hearts
- Add the butter and marshmallows to a non-stick pan and melt slowly, stirring regularly until smooth.
- Add a dash of food colouring if you want them extra pink.
- Remove from the heat and quickly add in the rice Krispies, stirring well.
- Tip immediately into a loose-bottomed, or lined baking pan around 8”/20cm square.
- Press down with a spoon or press lightly with your fingers.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- Remove from the tin and cut hearts from the krispie cakes with a heart shaped cookie cutter, or just cut into squares.
- Spike with a skewer for dipping.
The post Recipe: Salted Caramel and Chocolate Fondue (with Marshmallow Krispie Hearts) appeared first on Village Life.
from Village Life https://ift.tt/2GYI6tg
Source Village Life