Recipe: Quick Choc & Nut Biscuits
If you ever get a craving for a biscuit or a gooey chocolate chip cookie, here’s a recipe that can get you to a warm, melt in the middle treat in 30 minutes flat. We like to sprinkle these with a few salt crystals to balance the sweetness.
There no creaming or melting of butter required, just a little bit of stirring and baking. Perfect for when the biscuit cupboard is bare.
When you scoop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the baking tray the biscuity balls look like scoops of chocolate ice cream and this is what gave us the idea to take these biscuits up a notch and make them into ice cream sandwiches.
Just scoop a spoonful of ice cream in-between two cookies and squidge! Get extra fancy by rolling them in ‘hundreds and thousands’ for extra crunch. You can make your ice cream sandwiches an hour or so in advance and pop them in the freezer for pudding.
Ingredients (makes approx 14)
65g Peanut (or another nut) Butter
A Pinch of Salt
2.5 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
75g Chocolate Chips
60g Plain Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Maldon Salt Crystals (optional) for sprinkling
Add Ice cream and hundreds and thousands to make an ice cream sandwich
1. Mix together the Nutella, peanut butter, sugar, egg and salt until smooth.
2. Add the flour, cocoa, choc chips and bicarb and combine well.
3. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 175ºC
5. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment
6. Use a measuring spoon to scoop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the trays, well spaced apart
7. Sprinkle with a little Maldon Salt if you like that salty/sweet thing
8. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops are crackled
9. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes to allow them to set before you cool on a rack
from Village Life https://ift.tt/2YtCnUU
Source Village Life